Wednesday, Oct 10 2018

More AI and Machine Learning Pros are Being Hired in Silicon Valley

Written by

AI Pros are Being Hired in SIlicon Valley

 

Most people would agree that artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are two of the most exciting developments to emerge in the tech center in recent years. They have the potential to change how work is handled in a range of industries and on a broad scale, potentially empowering machines to manage repetitive and tedious tasks while allowing employees to focus on more engaging duties that genuinely require a human touch.

 

Additionally, AI and machine learning are giving companies the ability to make the most of their data by identifying patterns and trends that may be almost impossible for people to spot, especially when the information is stored in multiple databases or is held as unstructured data.

 

This has led business of all shapes and sizes to seek out professionals with AI and machine learning skills, and Silicon Valley is one of the hiring hotspots.

 

Silicon Valley is Hiring AI and Machine Learning Pros

According to a recent study, companies in San Jose and San Francisco are actively hiring AI and machine learning professionals to help them explore these burgeoning technologies.

 

In fact, San Jose is leading the way when it comes to job postings for machine learning engineers, computer vision engineers, and algorithm engineers, four of the jobs that most commonly require applicants to have machine learning and/or AI skills. The city also took the top spot for research engineers who need experience with AI and/or machine learning.

 

Overall, 9.6 percent of all job openings listed in Indeed that call for AI skills were in San Francisco. San Jose wasn’t far behind, being the location for 9.2 percent of the vacancies in these tech areas. Together, that’s a stunning 18.8 percent of all AI and machine learning-oriented vacancies in the country.

 

AI and Machine Learning Salaries

Having the right combination of AI or machine learning skills and experience can lead to an astonishingly lucrative career. There are extreme skill shortages in these specialties, so experts in the field can command massive salaries based on the capabilities.

 

With five years of experience in the field, an AI professional in San Francisco can receive a salary of about $121,000. Plus, as a tech pro’s experience and skill set grow, they can earn substantially more.

 

Additionally, while demand is expected to increase dramatically, it’s unlikely the supply of skilled IT professionals will rise at the same rate. This could mean salaries will continue to grow as companies compete for the best and brightest AI and machine learning specialists.

 

Plus, many AI and machine learning roles come with generous benefits packages, providing workers with even more value when they accept a position.

 

Ultimately, if you are an AI or machine learning professional, Silicon Valley is an excellent place to find an exciting job that allows you to focus on these technologies. If you are looking for a new IT position, the team at The Armada Group can connect you with some of Silicon Valley’s leading tech employers. Contact us to learn more about our available jobs today and see how our services can help you find your ideal role quickly and efficiently.